The Social Network Science is an exciting area of knowledge highly interdisciplinary and in increasing development. Moreover, is part of a broad community in which the issues of research are any dimension in which is involved the society and where the relationships are a constitutive entity of analysis.
As an area of research is heritage of the tradition of the social network analysis institutionalized in the International Network of Social Network Analysis (INSNA), congregated principally in the SUNBELT conference, and has as reference a set of high impact journals of the international community (Social Network Journal, Connections, Journal of Social Structures, Network Science Journal) and in the regional community (REDES – Revista Hispana para el Análisis de Redes Sociales).
To know more about the Social Network Science:
- Brandes, U; Robins, G; McCranie, A & Wasserman, S. (2013) What is network science?
- Scott, J. (2011) Social network analysis: developments, advances, and prospects
- Freeman, L. (2004 ) The Development of Social Network Analysis: A Study in the Sociology of Science
To know more about key International Associations:
- INSNA (International Network of Social Network Analysis)
- Mailing list of the international community of social network (SOCNET)
- Network Science (Interdisciplinary Network Science)
To know more about the SUNBELT conference:
- Sunbelt Conference (official annual conference of INSNA)
To know more about key Journals of the Social Network Science:
- Social Network Journal
- Journal of Social Structures
- Network Science Journal
- REDES – Revista Hispana para el Análisis de Redes Sociales
Interdisciplinary conferences about network science and related: